Monday, August 21, 2006

Yucky in the Tummy



I think I got food poisoning.

I woke up yesterday morning and immediately, how do I put this without upsetting your stomach... regurgetated. Then I felt great. So we got up, got ready for church, and halfway to church I told Dave that we needed to turn around.

ALL DAY LONG. Nothing I would eat would stay down. My stomach was churning and if the medicine I would take wouldn't stay down either.

Here comes the bad part. I had to work yesterday. We are only on a four management team, because one of our managers is becoming a GM in Arkansas. So if one of us calls in, one of us has cover it. Well on sundays, all four managers work. I get the closing shift so I can go to church, and the other three managers work day. So you really can't call in. I called Michelle and let her knkow what was going on. She told me to wait and call her in an hour. Well in an hour I was feeling fine. So i went in. I decided to have a cracker and some Sprite. BAD IDEA. It got worse after that. And I had to work all night... three till midnight. It was horrible. Thank the Lord we were slow.

When I came home Dave had gotten me sprite and made me some broth. I hadn't been able to keep anything down all day, but I was able to eat that. Then he took me to bed and tucked me in, and cuddled with me while I fell asleep. Earlier he held my hair back while I was leaning over the toilet, and he got a cool washclothe and put it over my neck. He took care of me so well. Before I went to work he asked if there was anything he could have done better to take care of me. Yea, I got a good one. :)


Oh, and I feel great today! :)

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Poor baby, I am so glad that you are feeling better. :) You certainly did get a good one!

~Hugs n' Kisses

Kelly said...

Man, I had food poisoning once! Nasty stuff!

Are you sure it only lasted one day?

Are you sure it was only something you aaaaaaatttttteeee??

(((snicker, snicker!!)))

Chrystal said...

YES, I"M SURE!! Man, I tell you, a girl can't have an upset stomach without the whole world thinking she is prego!! Every single person at work asked me if I was prego! I"M NOT!!! :)