Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I want to Live

I couldn't figure out another way to get that video onto my blog instead of my page, so I put it on my page and I guess I'll just remove it later. Ashley sent it to me in a link. I got a little teary eyed when I saw it. It tells the story of a girl who, from the looks of it, was in highschool, unwed, scared, and pregnant.
I can't even tell you how many girls where in this situation when I was in highschool, and I'm sure it's only gotten worse since I've been out. When I worked at the CPC, you would see girls maybe as young as thirteen and fourteen coming in wondering about what to do with their pregnancy. Check out the video, you'll know my view. Oh, it takes a minute to load, so be patient!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Chrystal, This is a wonderful video that sends such a powerful message.

The greatest gift we can receive from God is "a child", but there is a time and a season and our actions have consequences. Premarital sex is wrong, and if you follow God's plan and wait til you are married, you will rejoice at the birth of your child and it is a true miracle and a blessing that is so incredible, joyful and life enriching.

Maybe this video will help girls realize how precious life is, and it is not so much about getting pregant as it is that this is a life...a gift from God that deserves a chance to live and there are couples that desperately are wanting and hoping to adopt, that can't have children.
Great video! Nice blog. :)

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. ECCLESIASTES 3:1

Chrystal said...

I agree. Sometimes it seems as if the church tries to sugar coat issues like this. Whether its premarital sex or abortion, sometimes it seems as if the church is silent. The Lord wasn't silent on the issue though.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be" (Psalm 139:13-16).

"Before I was born the LORD called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name...and now the LORD says--he who formed me in the womb to be his servant..." (Isaiah 49:1, 5).

The word of the LORD came to me, saying, ‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations’" (Jeremiah 1:4-5).

It's funny. All the people who are pro choice, are already alive... bet they were glad their mom chose life.