Saturday, August 12, 2006

It's a beautiful morning... uh huh...

What happened to me????
I think it's cause I got married.

Marriage is full of compromise. I, (the wise one) figured I would get Dave to switch from being a night person to being a morning person. I LOVE mornings! I love waking up before dawn, while the whole world is sleeping. You get a good start on the day, it's easier to gather your thoughts and pray, and everything is peaceful. You can ease into the day and at the end of it, not know what hit you. Mornings are good for hot coffee and a good book. Waking up early makes me feel like I have the whole day ahead of me. I used to hate missing an ounce of daylight. I couldn't stand it. I wanted to pack as much as I could into one day.

NOW???

Now I get upset if someone calls before 10am. Don't they know we are sleeping??? And what is with people doing yardwork before 11am??? It's LOUD and it wakes us up. For that matter, why are people driving cars, honking horns and flying airplanes before 11????? :) I don't like to set my alarm if it is before 11am. I don't mind staying in bed a little longer and cuddling as opposed to jumping out of bed and starting the day. I also enjoy nights. They aren't as peaceful, but they are calm, at least in Tulsa. There are better shows on tv at night. (Full House reruns are ADDICTING!!!) Dave ended up changing me, :) but it was a good thing.

A lot of morning things I won't give up: I still love coffee, even if it is at 1pm and it's blazing hot out. I still eat breakfast food in the afternoon, cause I figure now, afternoon is my morning. I still enjoy sitting outside after I wake up, a habit I picked up from winters in Florida. My mom and Dad and I would go sit outiside in a beautiful 70 degree weather and just talk.and enjoy the morning. The pool was right there, the golf course beyond that, the birds flying about, and the squirrels running atop the pool screen. That's a morning to me

***

Today was a great day. I worked all day, but I got off at 9pm and Dave and I went out with our friends, Jess, Adam, and Megan. We went to Jonny Carino's, and then we went to see Adam and Jess's new house. It's techinically not theirs yet, but it will be in a week. It's so perfect for them! It's got a HUGE backyard, and it's so cozy inside. They got a real good deal on it, and I'm so proud of them. It's a big step to buy a house!! but they have a growing family, (and jess has a growing belly!) We had a good time, it's fun to get together with friends and just hang out. :) SMILE!!!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog and compromise is good! Tell Jess and Adam a big Congratulations, and good for them, it is so exciting to get your first home...hope to see pics soon! :) (of the baby and the house maybe)

Pamela said...

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog and compromise is good! Tell Jess and Adam a big Congratulations, and good for them, it is so exciting to get your first home...hope to see pics soon! :) (of the baby and the house)

Pamela said...

OOPS!!!