Friday, August 18, 2006

New Names and Butterfly Kisses

I get REALLY frustrated with myself sometimes.

I have this great new name, long, but it's my husbands name, so I enjoy it. Well, I can't seem to get the hang of it. At work, I'm set. I go to work everyday, and have to sign my initial probably a million times. CRS. CRS. CRS. CRS. Over and over on a million different pieces of paperwork. And the final thing I sign at night has my full name. So i always sign that correctly. Work is a cinch.

It's outside of work I have the problem. Today I was at wal-mart at the picture center, and the computer asked for my first and last name. I didn't even give it a second thought and I put my maiden name. I didn't even know until the lady called out my name to pick up my pictures. I was really confused when I heard my maiden name.

The other day I was at the scrapbooking store, and she asked for my last name, again, I say Ihm. Then she said I wasn't in their database ( you get discounts after buying so much). I insisted I was and argued with her for a good five minutes. Then I realized my blunder. OOPS!

Everythings changed. Liscense, SSN, Pay Stubs, EVERYTHING. Well, except for my debit card. Maybe that's why I have the problem. I'm still signing my debit cards as my maiden name. HMMM... I'll have to change that.

***

I love seeing pics of little kids with their grandparents. This is, lets see if I spell it right, Libbigail? Dave's not here or I would ask him. Not that he would know, but he might have a better idea than me. That is Dave's niece. She looked like a little princess at the wedding. So cute!!


***

This next one is one of me and my Daddy dancing to Butterfly Kisses. I will never forget this the rest of my life. I never knew how loved I was. My dad and I have had some really special times together, and I don't think I know another girl who's as close to her Daddy as I am. Yes, I'm 22 and I still call him Daddy. I'll probably always call him Daddy (unless grandpa is a necessity). We talked alot about this moment my whole life. Him walking me down the aisle, giving me away, and then dancing to Butterfly kisses. When I was younger, and Butterfly Kisses would come on the radio, he would call me and leave a message of the song playing for a couple of seconds, then he would come on and say "just wanted to tell you I love you, have a great day" :) How many Daddys would think of doing that?
He's endured a lot of bumps and bruises from my softball days. Poor guy. I could hurt him pretty bad sometimes. For those of you who don't know, I was a fastpitch softball pitcher, and to practice, he was my catcher. He always did great, but I think when I developed a drop ball and a riser was when it got tricky.
And our walks. Who could forget our walks? At night when Shivan needed to be walked, I would go with him and we would just walk around the block and talk about life. Didn't matter what the subject was, anything would do. :) School, sports, politics, books. Daddy was a good sounding board. Good times. I think he knew our walking nights were ending when the summer after my freshman year, I bowed out of walking at night to talk to this "boy" on the phone. He would always ask "WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO" Then I would tell him this boy named Dave, and he would get a pouty look on his face and shuffle away slowly. I would cave in and go and tell Dave I would call him right back. :) Eventually Dave won out, and my dad would have to work around my talking schedule with Dave. Hey, we were like 2000 miles from each other, and I was in love! I would do anything to talk to him! :)
I hope my husband is as good a Daddy as mine was. :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Good job on the name!

That wasn't so hard, was it? Just remember: Abigail + Libby = Libbigail!

You wouldn't BELIEVE how many Southerners butcher that name!

Chrystal said...

WOW!! I can't believe I got it right! I must have seen it in print somewhere... I have a very photogenic memory :)

Pamela said...

Kudos Chrystal! What beautiful and wonderful memories; It was magical watching you and your Daddy dance at your wedding, a moment we will treasure forever. You will get used to your new name in no time...don't worry everyone has a bit of trouble adapting. Remember me telling you how Grandad was so excited about us having our first baby that he sent the flowers to the hospital in my maiden name and I almost didn't get them. lol Lastly, I just wanted to tell Kelly, that I love the name Libbigail...so cute and what a cute picture!