Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sicky + Roses = happy wifey

Well, I woke up this morning and it felt like my head was going to explode. My nose was stuffy and my body ached. I think I have been sick more times in the two months that I've been married, than I have been my whole life. I don't know if it's cause I'm working a lot of hours at work, or if it's cause we both work at restaurants and bring stuff home, or if cause I'm just adjusting to living with someone. Also, it could be because of the sudden drop in temperature. The whole summer has been in triple digits, and then all of a sudden we get a day of rain and wake up the next day and it's 80 degrees out! That may have thrown me out of whack. Whatever it is, I don't like it.

***
Dave and I did some grocery shopping tonight. We always do grocery shopping when we get off work, because there is literally nobody in the store except for the workers. It's quiet and peaceful and no one to bother us, and best of all, no lines to wait in. It's funny, because we would spend a lot more money if we did not work at restaurants. I mean, we basically only eat breakfast at home, and eat here on our days off. When you wake up at noon and eat breakfast at 1, 2:30 is to early to eat before you go to work, so lunch and dinner are eaten at work. Saves us some bills, and it's really easy to find healthy food at my restaurant, which is a plus.

***
Dave and I aren't going to get a day off together this week. (tear). He works on thursday as a manager, and also works next thursday. Yesterday, I wasn't feeling so hot, and he had to work in the morning. When he got home, he had brought me a dozen roses in a vase with some babies breath!! Isn't he sweet!!


When I asked him why he did that, he told me that it's "just because he loves me" :) I don't care what people say about flowers being a silly gift because they don't last... flowers make any girl feel like a million.

***
Our work has this thing called Promo Club. Promos are things like, appetizers, alcohol, desserts, cappucinos. There are eight categories, and when you sell one, you accumulate points. Every three months we rent a limo, take the top sellers out on the town. Six of them get to go, plus all the managers, and we pay for all alcohol, food at a restaurant and an event, which this time was bowling.

I didn't get to go.

I had to work.

Which is totally fine with me, cause all they do is party and get drunk anyways.

Well one of the newer girls who was going made the comment to me, "Chrystal, I wish you were going, you would be so fun to get drunk with."

I laughed.

"No I wouldn't, I've never been drunk before."

Pretty much the whole room of servers dropped silent. All eyes turned to stare at me.

Um, awkward!

"You've never been drunk before?"

"No, alcohol was just never something I was interested in, and I don't believe in getting drunk. I don't think drinking is wrong, but getting drunk is just not something I'm going to do."

Silence... more stares....

"I'm pretty fun to be around without getting drunk, right?"

"well, yea"

"So I don't have to be drunk to have fun with me, so why would it matter if I drink or not?"

Then the limo driver walked in, and everyone's attention was diverted.

Talk about spotlight.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Oooh...those are just beautiful roses! What a sweet ~ thoughtful jester Dave. You are just a wonderful couple and way to be such a great roll model Chrystal. *smile*

Hope you feel better now that you've had a day off!