Thursday, August 10, 2006

My Favorite Day of the Week



I love Thursdays. Thursdays mean no work, and lots of quality time with my hubby. We spent the whole day together, which was great, because sometimes we don't actually get to spend quality time. Quality time is important when you are a newlywed!!!! We've been married two months today. (I'm not keeping track that closely, I just happened to realize it was the tenth, and everytime I see that day I think about June 10th)
We went out to eat at Mimi's today. We just got six or seven new menu items, and you better believe they were catching Dave's eye. So we had to go try the new items. He got the peach pancakes. Yummy! Peaches cooked in brown sugar, Dave loved them. Then we went to the mall and just walked around. We got some great deals, I found a pair of Khakis for 8 dollars at New York and Company. (Actually Dave found them for me) Then we found Dave two shirts. He needed them, cause today he wore a long sleeved shirt because he didn't have a short sleeved shirt to wear. IT WAS ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE DEGREES OUT!!! I'm not letting my man dress like that. So now he has some new shirts to wear when its hot out.
Then we went to the movies. We saw the new movie world trade center. It was really sad and Dave and I cried a lot. It definately made you thankful for what you had. It's funny cause i've only been married two months, but it's getting harder to remember a time without Dave in my life. I've known him four years, and it's hard to think about losing him. I can't imagine what the people in NY were going through at that time.
After the movie we went out to eat again. When Kevin left Mimi's he gave all the managers a card with scratch off tickets in them. I won 20 dollars! So we figured we had some extra cash to spend.
It was just great being able to spend the day with my hubby and not have to worry about work, or anything else for that matter.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sounds wonderful!

I love Mimi's! ;)