Thursday, August 24, 2006

R.I.P

Well, Dave called me at work with some bad news. Our beloved miniature dwarf hamster has passed on to a better world. A world where there are endless spinning wheels and carrots. It was sad, but the lifespan of a hamster is not that long. Their life is anywhere from 9 months to three years for the type I bought. Mine lasted....13 months. :(
I can't talk about it anymore.
*tear*

***
I got home from work today and Danny, David's brother was over. They were playing Xbox games and Danny was doing laundry. I knew he would be over, Dave had already called me at work and asked if I would be willing to give some haircuts tonight. OF COURSE!!! I had been begging Dave to let me cut his hair for a long time. Well, I don't even think it's been a month, but his hair grows like a gorilla. And I can't stand shaggy, unkempt hair. Drives me nuts. Everytime I would look at him, all I could focus on was his sideburns.

***
Some cute pillow talk last night:
C- My nails hurt, I was nibbling on them at work tonight because I was nervous.
D- (half asleep and not feeling well) have you, have you ever read those books with the bears, the papa bears and mama bears?
C- The Berenstein Bears???!!!! With Brother bear and Sister bear?
D- Yea! Well do you remember that book where sister bear kept nibbling on her nails and papa bear put tape over them? Maybe that's what we should do to you.
C- Wait, you've read those books?
D-Yea, they were like my favorite books.
C- Well, do you remember the book where sister bear wants to play soccer but brother bear doesn't want her around?
D- Yea, that was a good one!
C-What about "the berenstein bears and the messy room?"

D- YEA!!! Papa bear stepped on a tack and got real mad that their room was dirty.
C- You remember that? Wow, i'm impressed.
C- So, did you ever read Brown Bear, Brown Bear? Or the one with the monsters in the closet? Or what bout clifford? Or how bout spot? Or the boxcar children?
....
Dave?
........
Honey?
........
Dave?
........
DAVE?


ZZZZZZZ.......ZZZZZZ......ZZZZZZZZ

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your hamster:(. About the books- "Just Go To Bed" was my favorite. I used that phrase a lot! Especially with Dan. By the way, thanks for letting him do his laundry and giving him a haircut. Is the orange hair all gone now??

Kelly said...

Yeah, Mom, we read Just Go To Bed a lot! It was the boy's copy I think!

And "Messy Room" is my all-time favorite. I'm such an organizational geek that the all-cleaned-up-room at the end was like, utopia for me! Especially the closet! Glorious!

Chrystal said...

the orange hair is pretty much all gone, it looks ten times better. Although he did mention he wanted to dye it blonde again, to which I exclaimed "but it was orange!!"

Pamela said...

So very sad (big tear) to hear about Pepper. OMG, I know how heart broken you both must feel.

This is the cutest blog you have done yet, don't know why it wouldn't come
up for us on our computer.

Way to go with the haircuts. Like Mother like daughter! lol

Anonymous said...

Are you serious? Why didn't I know about this. Are you sure he's dead? After everything he's been through and he just kicks it. Maybe life just wasn't exciting enough. He not will to go on. For the second time we will mourn the loss of Pepper.