Monday, August 28, 2006

Working hard or hardly working?

Whew!! I guess it's been a couple of days since I posted! I've just been super busy and not able to sit down and blog! This might be a long one!

***
I'll start off with today at work. IT WAS PSYCHO!! I thought it was a full moon out. Not that I believe in that nonsense, but seriously, I couldn't figure out what the deal was. Everything was going wrong. For starters, this 88 year old woman comes in and trips and falls. While falling, she bangs her head on a door frame. Her arm is all bruised up, she gets a BIG BLACK bump over her eye. Yea, they were not happy. They tried to say they tripped over a piece of brick...yea...Had to do an accident report, it was just a mess.

Then, there is this table that is underage drinking. Yea, this grandma orders a glass of wine and gives it to her grandaughter, who is obviously not 21. Just another issue to deal with.

We ran out of chicken pot pies, not a big deal, cause we make them every hour, so if we run out, usually we have the next recipe within twenty or thirty minutes. Well, when the next recipe came out, I told all the servers we had them, so chicken pot pies started coming in the orders. Well, my cook grabs the tray full of chicken pot pies to movie it to the alto sham, but doesn't put a oven mitt on. So he drops the whole tray...8 chix pot pies that I said I had, now all of a sudden disappeared. more problems.

And the list goes on. But I just left work and I'm tired of talking about it. I shouldn't complain, and I"m not complaining, just sometimes you need to vent. The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful job, and i"m very thankful for everything he has given me. Nights like these happen every once in a while. But I was definately working hard tonight. :)

***


Jess and Adam moved into their new house this week. I went over to help them pack a little while Dave was at work.
Megan was there to, and mainly, my job was to keep Nathan entertained. He is in that stage where he just wants to b with Daddy all the time. So it was better to keep him away from Adam. SO we played outside, then roamed around inside a little, but since Adam was moving around here and there, it was impossible to keep him away from him. Which ended up in a lot of pouting. Oh, but one cute thing he did. I had a cardboard box in between us and I kept ducking behind it, and he kept trying to catch me. Well, I kept thinking he was going to tip over my Dr. Pepper, so I kept moving it every time he came close. Well, he noticed and took an interest in it. I sat it on top of a desk so he couldn't get it, then decided to pack. Well that little pill. I'm in the bathroom with Jess and Megs packing, and she looks over and says "he has your drink". I look, and he has grabbed the drink, is holding it upside down, and is spilling it all over himself. But you can't help but laugh. It's so cute!! Here he is in the moving truck trying to help out.

***


Oh! And the other day I got to baby sit him cause Adam was at drill. (he's in the national gaurd) He came over to the house and then we went to the mall. I had him for about four hours or so, and I didn't want to just spend all the time in the house, poor kid would have been bored out of his mind! Our house isn't exactly a paradise for kids. Although Nathan would think so, he's usually content with opening and then slamming shut the kitchen cabinets. Anyways, I took him to the mall where they have an indoor playground. This kid was the highlight of the show. He kept cheesin' at everyone showing off his grin and trying to get attention. I had so many people come up to me and ask questions and stuff. It was so cute, cause he got a little scared, and he started looking for me. He walked down this whole row of moms looking at them, and when he finally saw me he grabbed for me and fell into my lap. It was so cute! It's fun that he knows who I am. Ok, it's late, and I"m tired. Stay tuned... I have great pics of me beating Dave at Air Hockey. :)

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Chrystal, Wow, what a day you had. When elderly people fall they bruise so easy...Dad had a slip and fall law suit case that they lost when he was Gen Mgr of FWW in the mall at Kansas, she got about $100,000 in a settlement, so good thing you did an incident report, you never know how far they'll take it. You have such a great attitude, as noted in your title. :)

Love the pic of you three girls; Jess looks great for being prego.
However, I have to agree Nathan definitely steals the show...he is sooooo *cute*! (((*Big smile*)))

Pamela said...

chrystal at least you can beat somebody at air hockey dad

Chrystal said...

oh no!!! Dad, I'm pretty sure I have beaten you at air hockey a time or two! We need a rematch!!!