Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Scrapbooking!!!





I had the day off today, and Dave was working, so I invited one of my friends over to scrapbook with me. I love it when Ashley and I get together. We can talk about really silly things and get a good laugh, we can talk about really serious things, and best of all, we have really good conversations about the Lord and christian living. I always leave from hanging out with her feeling stronger in my faith than before. Nice to have friends like that :) My head was about to get cut off on the chopping block before ashley snapped the picture and the flash brought me back. Whew! Close one! My mom wanted to see a couple of my scrapbook pages, so I took a picture of a couple of the ones I really Like. They are kind of hard to see, but you'll get the idea. The one on the right is a spread of Dave as the groom, and me as the bride. The word groom is 3D and fuzzy when you touch it. The word bride is made of pearls and lace. The pictures are of Dave and his best man, Danny, Dave his brother and his dad, a picture of Dave and his groomsmen sitting on the getaway car, and Dave and Danny sitting on the car. The girl picare of me and my maid of honor, Megan, and me of my bridesmaids. In the middle of the page I journaled about what was going on. The picture on the right is at the beginning of my wedding scrapbook. The left hand side says engagement at the top, and all of those pics are from when Dave and I were in Florida on the day of, or a couple days after he proposed. In the middle is a quote that says "love stretches your heart and makes you big inside" The left hand side of the layout says "our wedding" at the top. For those words I used the scratch on letters. The pictures are of my dad and I walking down the aise, Dave and I at the altar, the two moms lighting the unity candle, and a picture of my flowers, bubbles, and programs at the top. The bottom left says "forever yours" And if you look closely at the very bottom of the page, you can see my cute toes. (i had to stand on a chair to take the pic) So there's a little insight into the world I love so much!

***
Dave has been at a work meeting all day. He hand to listen to a speaker and take a test. It had to do with management stuff. He studied really hard and we prayed over him before he left, so he'll definately pass. (without the prayer, it was questionable!) Since he's gone, Megan and I are going to go hang out. We are going to go work out and then go to the movies. I think we are going to see that movie "Step up". It's a dance movie, kinda like save the last dance.

***
OH!!!! and Dave let me get some pics developed from the reception. We have like 15 rolls of film that need developing, but we didn't want to purchase them all at once. So I got a couple done, and it was great cause it was a good mixture of both of our families. There is this HILARIOUS pic of Dave's nephews. How does he does his eyes like that!!! My eyes start hurting just looking at them! I guess once you get all your brothers together you goof off! Don't ask me what they were doing, but they look funny anyways.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

That's nothing compared to their flip-up-their-eyelids thing. Ewwwww!

That's a great picture of my Dad and uncles! They are all so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I think I took that pic of Kelly's boys. :) Aww - can't wait to see all the pics - next time I come to t-town. :)

Pamela said...

Chrystal, Wow, you're scrapbook pages are amazing! You can see all the love and passion you've put into them and those are memories you will treasure forever! Thanks for sharing. :)