Thursday, August 31, 2006

Another one bites the dust (almost)

My poor computer.

My computer has survived so much. For those of you who don't know, I have a labtop computer. The summer before my freshman year I worked really hard and saved up 1500 dollars in three months to purchase a brand new laptop computer for college. I bought a wireless mouse and a laptop carrier to go along with it. I was so proud of my goal that I reached, and it has endured with me throughout my whole college life.

I've been married just short of three months, and it's barely hanging on.


Some of you may look at this picture and think it's a ripped photo of Dave and I that I tried to patch back together.

Look closer.

IT"S MY COMPUTER!!!!

Those big black lines? Here's the story.

Take a look at the top left hand corner. There is a little black blob. That's where Dave came down on my computer when he was trying to get off his lazy boy. The corner of the lazy boy is actually what did it. I was at work, and found out when I got home to check my mail. I know, some of you are thinking, what was it doing on the floor? Well, that's where we keep it. Dave has his computer in the office, and since mine is a laptop, we leave it in the living room, tucked between the couch and the lazy boy.

Not a big deal, I could handle one little blob in the left hand corner.

Then over the course of weeks, it spread. First down, then left, then right, and now, it's trying to take over my whole screen!!!

When I pull up a page, I have to minimize it, and then bring it into the left hand portion of the screen so I can read everything. And if you've noticed, I've been having quite a few typos in my blogs. That's because I can't read some of the words because of the marks!

Well, this morning, my hubby was playing a game on the floor, and he got really excited and tried move to sit up, and in doing so, he knocked his coffee over.

Yes, that's right.

My computer was right there.

Instead of grabbing for the computer, he grabs the cup.

I LEAP over him and grab the computer, and all we could do was laugh, and I chuckled "you're buying me a new computer. This thing survives four years of college and it barely survives three months of marriage!" *Chuckle, giggle*

I pick up the computer and coffee starts dripping out of it. More laughs. I'm actually shocked I didn't get upset.

He's to darn cute to get upset at him! He just flashes me that big grin of his and my heart melts!

So obviously it still works. I'm still typing on it. But if it goes kablooey in the next couple of days, there will be another addition to our computer family.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Very sorry to hear about your laptop Chrystal. Like I told you today better start that coin jar "donate to Chrystal's new laptop cause"! lol

Hope you feel better soon! (((*hugs*)))

Susie said...

Hi Chrystal!
I'm so glad you stopped in to say hi!
I love new visitors and think your Mom is so special.
You seem to have a very positive attitude about the problems with your laptop. Sounds like you two have a very good relationship to be able to roll with the punches!

Anonymous said...

i remember when you were saving for that computer and how proud you were working at mcdondalds and saving money. love you