Saturday, August 12, 2006

Why me?

WOW. What a day.

It's 1:45am...

AM

In the morning.

En La Manana. (spanish version)

I am just getting home from work.

What is that?

You ask why?

Oh, I would LOVE to tell you why.

I closed tonight at work. I normally get home at 1230. But we had some church call and make a reservation for 10:45 tonight. They had some pastors conference or something. They've come in before, and our servers all refer to them as "those people who wear skirts and their kids behave real good" They are real nice and come in once or twice a month. If they don't come to late, all the servers want to take care of them because they are really nice and tip really well. But tonight, they weren't coming in till 10:45. We close at 11.

Hence the problem.

Cranky servers, even crankier cooks yelling at me in spanish, and me knowing that I won't get out of their till midnight.

Oh but I was wrong.

A couple of people walked in, and I could tell they were with the same group, so I sent them to the winery, but they came back, and told me they weren't with that party, and they were a seperate party of twenty. That makes 55 people walking into the restaurant at the same time.

YIKES!!!!

I ended up calling Dave and telling him to throw on a shirt of mine and come in and help me. He's such a good sport. He was at Mimi's within ten minutes of my call, shaved AND with his hair done up all cute. (that was for me :) He refilled drinks and ran food, and was a HUGE help. The servers were all grateful to.

So, they left at 12:30 and it took us an hour to clean up and for me to do my paperwork.

i set the alarm at 1:23. Good thing I never go to bed till three in the morning anyways.

Oh, and to make a long day even worse....

Dave ate all my ice cream...

Well, he did leave me one. But he let me think he ate them all at first. He knew better than to eat them all :)

But on to happier things. :)


***

My mom started a blog. I guess that's how all blogs start. Someone inspires someone else and boom!!! There it is. I went on her blog today and I can't believe how good she is doing. And I only got 24 missed calls while she was in the process of making it! (love you mom) Herblog will be good cause I'll still be able to be filled in with what's going on with my family. My sister-in-law is prego (tulsa term for pregnant) So i always want to be up to date with what's going on with her.

Ah. Now its 2 in the morning. I have to be at work for eleven. Hasta luego!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Except for the late night, that clan sounds like my kinda people!

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if I knew them in real life (have friends in Tulsa).

The young people at our church will do that at times (meaning go out late), but they are consciencious about being REAL good to the servers and make sure they leave good tips, and many times, have even helped bus the tables to make clean up quicker.

From your side of the coin, do the good tips make up for the inconvenience? Especially since it doesn't happen ALL the time?

Just wondering....I might pass on your feelings on the topic! :)

Chrystal said...

Kelly, They do leave good tips, and they are really nice. I definately think the servers would say that the good tips make up for the inconvenience. I only felt bad for one server who had to stay, she is like 55, but she got real good tips, and she said she was worth it. Since I'm a manager,I think I see it from a different perspective. People coming in that late to me means I don't get to go home. But it also means our sales go up, so hat's always a plus. All in all, since it doesn't happen all the time, we don't mind it. :)
ASHLEY!!! I miss you! I'll try to see you at church tomorrow :) If not, i'm off wednesday!

Pamela said...

Chrystal, Wow, being slammed that late at night with 55 guest is tough, but what and wonderful guy you have there, and what an awesome couple! Way to play tag team...and by the way, notice those were missed calls! lol Thanks for being such a great inspiration.:)