Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Just like any other day

So David and I don't celebrate Halloween.

It's pretty much a no brainer for us. I don't even like this time of the year. Everybody displays ghosts and witches and icky stuff outside their houses and it just creeps me out.

Seriously, I think it's just another holiday for retailers to make money off of.

Not to mention, that it's like the biggest holiday for Satanists.

CREEPY.

So it brings up interesting conversations with people.

"Hey, what are you guys doing for Halloween?"

"David and I don't celebrate Halloween."

"Why not?"

"Because the Bible says that God hates sorcery, witchcraft and spiritists, and that's basically what Halloween is glorifying"

"Oh..."

"Well I'm dressing up as a dead zombie"

*ackward silence*

Yea....

So what are David and I doing on Halloween?

Working, and not getting chunky from all the halloween candy!

P.S. I thought this pic was cool... it's light fragments reflecting

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Yeah, I hear ya on this one....

But the sale on that candy on Nov 1st is not too shabby! Kit Kats....mmmmmmm!

Chrystal said...

LOL, that's what David was saying to!

Dawn said...

I came over from your mom. I have to agree with you in your dislike of Halloween. But we have a great Light in the Night at our church that is an outreach and has brought several families to try out the real thing.