Friday, October 20, 2006

NH Part 2

So I woke up this morning unusually happy. I just couldn't stop smiling!! It may have had something to do with the beautiful sunshine coming in the window and the birds chirping (seriously, that's how it was when I woke up) My first thought was, "this is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." I decided to let David sleep a little bit and came out to start trying to figure out what to make him for breakfast. I couldn't take it anymore, and went to wake him up. I jumped all over him and gave him kisses and started tickling him. :) My favorite part of the day!
I made breakfast, which consisted of some potatoes with onions, some scrambled eggs, and some turkey bacon. I love cooking for Dave, definately the way to his heart! Megan and I went to see a movie "One night with the King" It's actually modeled after a book by Tommy Tenney called "Hadassah". It is the story about Esther and how she saved the Jewish people from extinction. I read the book on the plane ride to and from NH, and was very excited to see the movie.

The movie was a total flop.

I got really mad, because it wasn't even biblically sound. It portrayed her in a different light, and many of the things that were done were not scriptural. It was very commercialized, and besides that, it was really slow. I don't know why I see movies after I read the book, because I am always dissappointed.

Megs and I went out shopping and then went to Jess's house to scrapbook. I think I have enough material to scrapbook for months! I've been having a lot of fun with it.

***
Back to Nh.


This is a picture of Dave and I at Fanueil Hall (sp) We got to go inside and see where a lot of historical happenings took place during the beginings of the United States. It was awesome and again, I could have spent all day there. Boston was a lot of fun for me. I wish my dad was there, I know he would have appreciated it as much as I did.

***

This is a pic of Dave and I at something called the Flume Gorge. It's kind of hard to explain, but it is a natural gorge in the mountains that people in olden times used to send logs to travel down the mountain, so they could make their log houses and such. Here we are not actually in it, it was quite a hike to get to the place where it actually was. The next day our legs were sore! It was worth it though, to see and hear the water. It was a deafening sound and made me think of certain scriptures in the Bible that compare the sound of rushing waters to the voice of the Lord.

"and I saw the glory of the God of Israel coming from the east. His voice was
like the roar of rushing waters..." Ezekiel 43:2

" ...his voice was like the sound of rushing waters." Rev. 1:15

It was so loud and overbearing, I couldn't hear Dave talking to me from a foot away! If he was behind me he would have to tap me on the shoulder to first to get my attention.

***

After the flume gorge, we went to Mt. Cannon. Right next to Mt. Cannon is where the Old Man on the Mountain was. It was a natural rock formation,that if viewed from the side looked like the profile of a man. It slide down the side of the mountain in 2003, and is no longer there. It was kind of sad to see the empty space.

We went up Mt. Cannon in a tram car... I don't know if thats the right word. It was kind of like how a ski lift would be, only it could fit 80 people in it on the way up. On top of the mountain, it as 30 degrees out! That would explain the snow, the hats, and the gloves (thanks mom). The snow was so beautiful, and I don't think I had ever seen snow that was as untouched as this snow was. The snow looked like it was freshly fallen on the pine trees, and it was just gorgeous. I'm telling you, the whole trip was like right out of a picture book.

We went up to the top of this watchtower, and it was so beautiful, you could see forever. There was literally a ninety mile visibility. You could see mountains in Vermont and Maine, just everywhere. I'm thankful Dave knows how cold I get up on top of the mountain. He kept me very warm and let me hold on to his arm the whole way up and down the mountaintop. When my little nose was bright red he put his hands over it to try to warm it up. It was so cute! :)

One of the days that we were there, we went to the beach. Dave's uncle has a beach house and we went there and were able to walk right up to the water. It reminded me a lot of Florida, and again, the sound of the water just gave me so much peace! I miss hearing that sound almost every day. It was kind of weird being at the beach and having it be so cold. I don't think I have ever been to the beach and have worn a sweater. But it was comfortable and was actually a pretty beautiful day out. We went to a little town called Newberry port, which was a cute little town with shops that you could walk to. We went to a place called Newicks for dinner, and it was all seafood. I'm not to fond of seafood, but what I had was pretty good.

After that we went to a hockey game, University of New Hampshire vs. Team USA. It was an exhibition game ,and UNH killed them. It was fun to go to though, sure made Dave happy!

This is a pic of David and his Dad... the second one was a charm! :)

This is a pic of Dave's mom and me!! Can you tell it was a little windy out? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! All the historical stuff and the cold weather gives me goose bumps. Happy you had a good time.

Pamela said...

Oh my goodness Chrystal, the pictures are so beautiful! All of them! I love the one of you and Dave with the little bit of snow in the background. You look so cute in the coat I bought you too! Like a little snow bunny! lol Dave looks good in his shades and your MIL and FIL Denise and Ed look great too! Is there going to be a part three! *big toothy smile*