Thursday, July 20, 2006

Xbox and hairdo's

I have had three lovely days off, which is rare in the restaurant business. On my second day off I was going to cook dinner, but we ended up shopping half the evening and decided to go out instead. Well, we hadn't seen Dave's brother in a while, so we invited him to come out and eat with us and come over to the house afterwards to hang out.

He brought his Xbox

So I lost Dave for the night, Which was fine because I had a lot to do anyway. I cleaned the bathrooms, the kitchen, and I got caught up on laundry. Then I had time just to relax.

Well watching these boys play xbox was a hoot! It felt like I was a little girl watching my big brothers play again. It was classic. Hooting, hollering, laughing, competitiveness, it was so funny. And of all games, they were playing mario kart.




In case you all missed my last posts, My brother in law's hair is orange. Well, it seem as if it has transformed into yellow or bright yellow, so I offered to trim it for him. I figure I trim Dave's hair, so his brothers can't be to difficult.

(Yes, that look on my face might have been me conjuring up something to do to his hair, but I didn't go through with it)

Only his brothers was a lot thicker.

And the buzzer got stuck in his hair a couple of times.

But we got through it, and his hair looked pretty darn good.

And I couldn't let Dave get away without a trim either.

So in the chair he went, and thankfully he wasn't as shaggy as his brother was!

Afterwards, both boys were very proud of their new do's.


The only reason they aren't smiling is cause they're boys and trying to be tough but they really were happy!

(and I would have given them cookies, but I didn't have any to give them either Kelly!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chrystal,
Great job with the hair. Maybe you're in the wrong profession?? Thanks for getting rid of the orange hair. My boys sure are handsome.
Love You All

Kelly said...

But it's STILL orange!!

You would think that with all the shag that boy has, a buzz would've gotten rid of "pumpkinhead"!

Oh well, at least YOU can cut hair Chrystal!

BTW, since when do they have Mario Cart for XBox??

Anonymous said...

HA! Good job on the buzz cuts - I do my husband's hair too - why not? It's not so hard. I think Kelly needs to get brave and try it too. ;)

Chrystal said...

Maybe I am in the wrong profession! It took practice though, poor Dave has endured a bad cut or two, but it saves 8-10 dollars every two to three weeks, so why not?
So, I guess Danny is really smart, cause he downloads games from nintendo and converts them to xbox... or something like that. That's how they can play mario kart and all those other games.

Kelly said...

It's not that I'm not brave, it's just that Chris is VERY picky! He only really likes flat-tops. Have you ever tried those?!? They're ridiculously hard!

He started trying to do it on himself, and he's relatively good at it now. He did it on the boys too, and it came out pretty well (except for a small problem on Noah's head....hopefully better next time)