Friday, July 14, 2006

Dave's Family

I miss my family.


But it's nice that Dave has family here. His parents used to live here in Tulsa, but they recently moved back to New Hampshire.

I miss them to.

On the brighter side :) Dave has family here. His brother lives here and so does his aunt and uncle. Recently, one of his cousins came to visit and they stayed with his aunt and uncle. We had a morning off, so we were able to get together with them. It's funny, because Dave's family is so much older than my family. When I think of cousins, I think of little kids running around everywhere, and babies to cuddle with.

My dad is the oldest of ten. I think there is 17 or 18 years between him and his youngest baby sister. So I was the first grandaughter and the fourth grandchild in my family. The youngest cousin is about 10 months old and the oldest is 25. I'm 22, so I'm up there. So during family reunions I would always be one of the oldest, would always have to help take care of the younger ones or keep an eye on them. It was fun, and it's still fun to see all the kids run around nowadays.

Dave is one of the younger ones in his family. His dad was the youngest of seven, which made Dave fall into the fourth youngest of all his cousins. So... no kids running around at family reunions unless they are like second couins once removed (or something like that).

SOOO anyways....

We got together with Dave's family this week and it was great. It's just great to know you have people who love you and care about you. I miss family gatherings and things like that. We ate lunch and then just sat around and talked. Nothing special, just good quality time with family.

The far left one is my hubby (cute huh?) The middle one is his cousin George from California, and the far right one is Dave's brother. Yes... look closely, he does have orange hair. Used to be black like Dave's, but it works for him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! It's one more of your cousins! I saw your comment on Kelly's "It's A Wonderful Life" blog. My mom told me you and Dave went to their house and hung out - wish I was there. It's so great to see that you enjoy being with family the way we all do. I loved reading your blogs - you're really good at this - I especially loved the one about cooking for Dave - so sweet. Sounds like you guys are doing great - if you're ever in the Virginia Beach area make sure you let Danny and I know! love you!

Kelly said...

Actually, from what Mom said, it DIDN'T work for him...;)

Do you think I should call him "pumpkin-head" now?

And you can tell him I said that!

[so sad I missed Georgie.....:( ]

Anonymous said...

we miss you guys too love your blogs dad

Chrystal said...

Hey Elizabeth! Glad to have another person reading my blog! Kelly was actually my inspiration, so thank her!!

Kelly said...

Ahhh...geee...shucks.....:)