Friday, July 28, 2006

Live Free or Die


WE"RE GOING TO NEW HAMPSHIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited! That is where Dave is from. He was born and raised there and he misses it a lot. We hadn't planned on going back for a while. We were planning on January or February. Apparently it is freezing during that time, and he finally put two and two together.

Florida Girl + cold weather = :(

But I can't wait any longer!

We decided october would be a good time to go because then I could see the foliage.

I didn't even know what foliage was before. We don't get that in florida. If it gets cold, the leaves turn brown and die and that's the end of that.

I remember my first year at ORU I lived in Braxton on the first floor. I woke up one morning and the green tree outside my window had one red leaf on it. I thought it was weird, but I didn't think anything of it.

The next day there were four or five red leaves, and a couple were yellow.

I frantically called Dave up. "I think the water here is contaminated. This leaves on this tree outside my window are turning red! It must be the water!!

Dave started laughing at me. "It's foliage"

"Foliage?? What's that?"

"You don't know what foliage is??"

He talks about it all the time. How beautiful it is, how there is nothing like it in the whole world. He also doesn't let me forget that he has been to Florida not once, but twice, and therefore, It's time to see where he is from.

He asked me why I want to go so bad. I figure it will just give me a litle more insight into who my husband is and who he is. If I have to endure some cold weather and seafood while I'm there, well, so be it.

Oh and I guess live free or die is the state motto... I couldn't think of another title!

New Hampshire, HERE WE COME!!!!!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

You'll love it.

Have him take you to Brown's and get a lobster. It's out of this world.

And then there's the Backroom. Go there too.

Too bad you didn't get to go before the Old Man fell. That was a cool sight to see...

Oh, and have him show you the house where he was born. Stuff like that is fun!

Anonymous said...

Well, if I remember correctly, the water was contaminated there at ORU...remember the bubonic plague pond? And even though you were freaked out looking at the changing leave colors outside of our braxton room...imagine how freaked out I was to see squirrels outside of the window!

-Sarah Floyd

Chrystal said...

OMG!!! YES!!! EWW!!! I still walk y lake evelyn and shudder..
And everytime I see a squirrel I still think of you :)

Chrystal said...

ELIZABETH!! I saw your post from the other day about getting pregnant... AHHH!!! No pregos here, and hopefully if things work out right, not for two years. Nothing to worry about! (but then I want EIGHT boys) But Dave will only let me have four. :( That was the only clause we put in our Pre Nup. (jk)

Chrystal said...

I joke with Dave about the old man all the time. I told him we should go see it then "oh wait, didn't his nose fall off?" Dave talked about it all the time in the three years before we started dating. Then when it fell, he was super upset and all I could do was laugh. It was so cute!