Thursday, July 27, 2006

Creepy Crawlies

So, Dave and I were having pillow talk at three in the morning today. We were talking about things we were afraid of, that really we shouldn't be.

Mine was bugs.

EWWWW.

Dave: "Why are you so afraid of bugs?"

Me: "Cause they are icky and gross and creepy"

Dave: "Well what are you going to do when you have all the kids with you at home and you see a bug?"

Me: "I'm gonna make a note of where he went and when you come home I'll tell you."

Dave: "Just kill him with your shoe"

Me: "gross! I don't want bug juice on my shoe. I guess I could use yours though"

Dave: "Thanks. You know, it's not just you, it's all women who are afraid, you guys are weird"

Me: (long pause, waiting for the Lord to speak to me) "You OBVIOUSLY have not read Genesis"

Dave: "What does Genesis have to do with anything?"

Me: (Turns around, hits the light and grabs her Bible, opening to Genesis.) Chapter 3, verse 14 (reading out loud) 14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life. 15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers;he will crush your head,and you will strike his heel." 16 To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;with pain you will give birth to children.Your desire will be for your husband,and he will rule over you"
So see honey, it's NORMAL for women to be afraid of creepy crawlies. And since verse 16 says our husband will rule over us, it also means you rule over the creepy crawlies in our lives. (BIG BIG GRIN)

Dave: Oh brother! Go to bed!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You two are something else! 3am?

Well, I guess we've done that too ;)

Tell "Big" brother, that not ALL women are like that though...

Gimme a good shoe any day! And since we've moved here, the bugs are bigger, meaner (like POISONOUS!), and weirder, and there's just no way I'm waitin' around for Chris.

Like the time a scorpion decided to hang out in my kitchen....

Uh, NO, sorry, wrong number...

SQUASH!

(ps: "brains" are definately a delicacy around here LOL!)

Anonymous said...

kelly - oh sick. I'm with you Crystal - let the man be the man! - oh and by the way - do you have that Feedblitz thingy where I get an email whenever you've updated your site cuz I can't find it.