Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Game of Life

Dave and I love playing board games. We are night owls because of our jobs, so there isn't much to do at two in the morning. So we sometimes will pull out the board games and play for awhile.

I'm REALLY competitive. :)

I hate to lose and I LOVE to win. But then again, who doesn't?

Dave loves monopoly, but at two in the morning I'm not exactly in the mood to play a four hour game. So we usually either settle for Life or for Rummikub.

We played Life a lot growing up. I think my main goal in Life was to pile in as many kids as I could into my little blue car. I think Dave's main goal when we play is to beat me.

This last game of Life that we played was very different from our usual game. Dave was winning! He got the better salary, the better job, and more kids!

Well, we all know Life's not fair. I landed on a little square that read "trade salary card with another player." You can imagine the look on my face as Dave had to fork over his 80,000 dollar salary and I gave him my 20,000 dollar salary. And from there I just landed on all the right spots and made all the right moves. I even ended up with four kids!

My hubby was not happy. I left him with 5,000 dollars.


And I offered to adopt his kids for a small amount of money. Needless to say, I won with....

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

Wha ha ha!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Tell Spa-Gave-Oh that I'm ready for a good ol' fashioned round of Scrabble!

By the way, I always loved the idea of getting the twins in that game....but the for some strange reason, it's not as easy to have twins in real life. Not to mention, the cars don't hold 6 kids, and mine does....

...so shouldn't they call the game "Fantasy World" instead of Life?

And we haven't reached 80K yet!! ;)

Anonymous said...

i know that smile very well. but as you know your mother is the undisputed champ of all games