Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Some good cooking


I wouldn't say I'm the greatest cook in the world. I can whip up a thing or two and Dave loves it. I love to experiment, and I have to say, since becoming a wife, I find that more and more enjoying. Nothing like having a grown man with an empty stomach to motivate you to cook! The other day I made chicken parmesan for Dave. He thought it was so great, but I got the recipe from a friend. Then I made baked macaroni and cheese... good, but I got the recipe from a friend. So I made some rice krispies for him, and he thought for sure, this was my own recipe. I didn't have the heart to tell him that Kellogs prints it right on the side of the box for you! So i told him that me and my mom made it together when I was a kid, which is entirely true (thanks mom!) but there is no way I would remember all the exact measurements from then. He loved it anyways.

Just tonight I spiced it up a little and made some Rice Krispies treats with peanut butter in them. I know! Daring!! I'm sure he'll love it, because I made it.

I love getting up in the morning and making him breakfast .

To bad he's not a morning person! I know he enjoys it all the same though, and he drags himself out of bed to eat my morning concoctions.

He likes to eat eggs which I am not fond of at all, and for many reasons, but I learned to make him eggs all the same because that is what he wanted. Now, when my mom used to make eggs for my brothers, she would always put cheese in them. So that's what I did, and it sure did confuse Dave's tastebuds, but he loved it all the same.

So, all this makes me hungry... so I will leave you all with a recipe I will pass along... some of you may have it, some of you may want to write it down, and others will think they could never make this! It's not to hard, just follow the instructions!

Ingredients:

Love....acceptance...kindness...gentleness...faith..

.commitment...communication...respect... patience..

.self control...hope...truth

Take 2 happy people (one male and 1 female) and separate them from their parents. Add the above ingredients in generous portions. Mix together and thoroughly sift in daily life. Next, strain out jealousy, arrogance, selfishness, provocation, and accounting of wrongs. Bake in the trials and tribulations of life for about 50 years, then celebrate when Golden!!

This is one recipe Dave and I like to cook together :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chrystal: I really like your blog! You sure look like a good combo of both your mom and your dad. I know they must enjoy reading your words of wisdom as well. Good job!