Friday, September 22, 2006

Thursday Night Lights

Wow! What a day! We woke up bright and early to go to Mimi's and have breakfast. They stop serving waffles at noon, so we got there at 11:55, just in time for some. (I know, it doesn't seem like it's britht and early, but it is for us) Then we went to the mall, my hubby and I were looking for some warmer clothes for our trip to New Hampshire. He had some luck, but I didn't have any. I'll have to check a little later, i'm nervous about going somewhere where it's so cold!
It's official. We have angels. While leaving the mall, we were stopped and told that we had a flat tire. We happened to be right across the street from a car fixer upper place. :) But the funny thing is, is that tomorrow we are driving an hour and a half to Oklahoma City. I say we have angels, because thankfully that happened now, rather than on the road to OKC. But the good thing was that it was only a nail that got in our tire, so just 12 bucks to fix it. We went to incredible pizza and played some games, (which I won) and then I took Dave to work and went to Barnes and Nobles for an hour while he was at a work meeting.
Of course we came back after that and he was able to sneak in a little nap. Then I bribed him to go to Ross with me (i gave him a back rub, I know, the things i have to do!)
The church that we go to, Church on the Move, has a christian school as well, which is a K-12 school. The highschool has a varsity team, and tonight they had a game. It is the only time of the season that they have a game on thursday, and we figured since we both had off, we should go and suport them. We met up with our friends Ashley and Paul, and had a great time, even though we got rained on. Oh, we also got hailed on. We were sitting in the stands and off in the distance, all of a sudden we see hail. It looked like what a swarm of locusts would have looked like back in egypt when Pharoah wouldn't let the people go. It passed though, and the game went on. Afterwards we went to Applebees and ate and just talked, it was a ton of fun.
Sorry no pics! I took my camera out, and my batteries were dead! I was so sad!
Tomorrow we are going to oklahoma city, that is why this is so cut and dry. Sorry! More to come tomorrow though!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Don't worry about the cold Chrystal...

It's the nice kind this time of year. With the crisp fall air, and a nice sweatshirt, you will be enjoying mornings on the front porch rockers with a cup of coffee or hot cocoa.

This is really the BEST time of year to get a taste of the North!

Besides, a little cold means more hugs, right?

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, we'll keep you snug as a bug in a rug with a fire in the fireplace and lots of blankets. And maybe some hot apple cider. YUM. Fall-time in NH is VERY romantic!!

Pamela said...

Oooh Chrystal, sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time! Glad you were able to find something for Dave to wear. :) Hope you enjoy Oklahoma City today!