Friday, September 29, 2006

Chop chop


I chopped it all off!!! :)

I've had long hair for as long as I remember. I mean LONG. I only ever got it trimmed just to make it look presentable and keep the split ends away. It was only when I came to college that I started experimenting with the length of it a little bit.

My hair is the envy of all my friends, but I can't stand it! (isn't that usually how it goes?) My hair is curly, when it gets wet, it just curls up in little ringlets. Only, if I don't do anything to it, like blow dry it, or put product in it, then the next day it is POOF!! I can look like bozo the clown.

And it's thick. It takes me almost an hour to blow dry it. That's not fun, and my neck and back hurt after bending over for so long. (I have to throw my head forward and blowdry it straight... doesn't work as well if I just stand up.)

And since I've been married it has caused me considerable pain. I think my hubby doesn't realize it's attached. He'll have his arm around me while we are sitting down, and then he will move his arm, and take with him my whole head. There are numerous incidences where I have to yell "ow ow ow, my hair" He just says that I have a sensitive head. Um, no. :)


Not to mention how heavy it was, and hot it was. My head feels so much lighter now. And my neck can breathe.

How short is it?

Don't worry, it's just below my shoulders. :) I'll post a pic later!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Chrystal, I feel better now that we've talked. You know how much I love your long hair but after you described it on the phone it does sound very cute! Hope you both enjoy your day off together, as they are few and far between. :)

Pamela said...

Chrystal, thought you might like to play along so...tag your it! Come see my blog for the details!

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see the pictures. love you