Saturday, September 09, 2006

It's been a while!

Been doing a whole lot of nothing, and yet a whole lot of everything.

Sorry for no blogging... this past weekend was really crazy at work. It seemed like I was going into work early everyday. Labor day weekend is one of our busiest weekends. We did about 40,000 dollars from friday through the end of monday. It was crazy! And I only had one day off this week, and Dave and I haven't had a day off together for two weeks, so every waking moment I want to spend with him. :) Not that I'm making excuses for not blogging or anything!

Well, we finally broke down.

We bought an Xbox.

I know, I said I would never do it. I don't want our kids to be addicted to video games, computer games, or any other sort of technology. I didn't even want it in our house. No gaming systems, no temptations.

I never thought I would have a hubby that would want one so bad. Now, he hasn't ever begged for one, but subtly, ever since we were dating, he has mentioned it. So I decided that his early birthday present would be this. Actually, we were out shopping for one of those plug n play games that you hook up to your tv, and we just kind of stumbled across the xbox.

Now, we grew up with gaming systems, and they were a lot of fun. Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, playstation, gameboy... we had them all. But my mom was very clear about when we could play and when we couldn't. When we heard "go outside and play," we knew it was time to shut off the games and go outside. She never let us get to mesmerized by the games, and if we fought over them, forget it. None of us could play.

I just don't want our lives centered around the thing.

I thought that if we got one, we wouldn't talk because we would just want to come home and play the games, he wouldn't want to cuddle with me, cause you can't cuddle while playing games, and he wouldn't want to play our board games that we have so much fun playing.

But, so far, we have played rummikub two days in a row, and i'm not missing out on cuddling or talking. :) It's not so bad so far. Let's just see how long it lasts!

***

We haven't turned our air conditioner on for four days now! The weather has been beautiful here. We have the windows open, and it's perfect! It's been a nice change from the horrible summer heat we have had to endure. If the weather could stay like this all the time, I would be a happy camper. :)

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Oh, you guys will have a blast with the X-box. Glad you snuck in a post; it's nice to hear you are being kept busy. It's been a rough week for us too, with emergency oral surgery and then Kevin's auto accident. He's doing fine but his arm and chest were really burned bad from the air bag being deployed. Thanks for calling. :)