Friday, November 24, 2006

A thanksgiving to remember


So I know I'm a little late with wishing a happy thanksgiving, but for good reason!

David and I spent our first thanksgiving together working at Mimi's Cafe. Michelle let him work as a food runner, because we needed an extra person. It was so much fun! That did make me his boss for the day, but you wouldn't have even known it. We worked so well together and it really did make the day go by quicker.
***
Funny story - I do have to admit, when I was bending over to put some plates in the bustub, and I felt a hand go briskly across my tooshie, I was abit taken back!!! Only to blush to realize it was my husband! Then I went over and whispered, you better be careful, that's sexual harrassment! We both giggled and went our seperate ways.
***
We ended up doing 21,415 dollars!!!!! That is an insane amount of money! Just to give you a picture... on a monday, we do about 4,000 dollars. On a friday, we do about 11,000 dollars, and on a sunday, we do about 13,000 dollars. So a 21,000 dollar day was just insane! We went to work at 10am, and we left at 9:45pm. At the end of the shift, Michelle had the cooks put all the leftover food in the slide, so we could all get something to eat, and she gave everybody who worked a double a whole pie to take home that was leftover. So Dave and I scarfed some food down and then went home and took a nice, long, hot bubble bath. I think we went to bed earlier than we have ever gone to bed before, 11:30. We were exhausted and slept like little babies!

It was definately not a traditional thanksgiving, and probably not how we would have wanted to celebrate it, but in the end, we were thankful for being able to spend it together and not apart.

We have a lot to be thankful for this thanksgiving, and we hope you are counting your blessings to. :)

3 comments:

Tracy S said...

Lol It sounds like despite working., you had a great time. Congrats on the new marriage and Happy Belated Thanksgiving :)

Pamela said...

Too much fun Chrystal! Got to watch those guys! Oh, does that story bring back memories. lol Love that you all got to enjoy a bite to eat after it was all said and done! 800 meals is just unfathonable to me...Wow!

Love the Christmas decor! Very cute! Enjoy your weekend! :)

Ngotngamwong Family said...

I don't miss those Mimi's thanksgiving days but you do make a lot of money. Happy belated thanksgivng.