Friday, November 17, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

It's my Mom's birthday!!! If your reading this, it was probably her birthday yesterday, on Nov. 17th, and no, I didn't forget. I just didn't have time to blog!!! I was looking over some pictures I have of my mom and I, and I couldn't help but remember all the good memories we have had together over the years. Here is us with Renee, my SIL, and her little boy Benjamin. It was actually taken at a family reunion. The next one is my mom and I. This is kind of a funny story. She had come to visit me in Tulsa and we were in a store shopping, and I saw these great pink cowgirl hats. So I grabbed one, put it on, stuck one on my mom and said, quick, lets take a pic! And we did! Right there in the store, then we ran away and giggled like little girls!
My mom was a huge help in my wedding to. I don't think i could have done it without her. She was the one thing that kept me going. She let me talk out all the problems with her, and devoted a considerable amount of time to making sure things went off without a hitch. And they did! Our wedding was so beautiful, and I will always be thankful for the role she played in it, even though she had to be so far away for much of it.
It's been hard to live far away from her and the rest of my family, but I know she is only a phone call away if I need her! I love you mom! Happy birthday!!!





2 comments:

Pamela said...

Bless your heart Chrystal! I just love reading this lovely post! Seeing all the pictures brings back so many cherished memories. You are the most wonderful daughter in the whole world!

You sweet little baby girl you! hehe! You just fill my heart with joy! It is going to be the hardest to get through the first Christmas without you! I will miss you, not only jumping in bed with me to wake me up, but bouncing up and down! lol All the giggles, tickles, joy and laughter we shared together.

The day after Thanksgiving, when you would play my tackle waiting in the long lines to get the bargain basement prices with me, usually at 4:30 am, Oh, to get your hands on one of the few treasured electronic gifts...you were great! You would race through the store and get there so fast, I'd come along and see what looked like a pile of women trying desparately to get the treasured gift item, just to see you casually walking back toward me with a sweet smile of satisfaction on your face, "no problem Mom, here I got two"!

You have always been the bright ray of sunshine in my life, Chrystal. You and Dave are such a blessing! Thanks for all your love!

Love you for this Baby! Hugs n' Kisses! Blessings Forever, Mom

Thank You Ashley! Miss your pretty smile! So glad you and Chrystal are friends. You are such a delight! :)

Chrystal said...

LOL, that was the best Christmas ever! :) I miss jumping in bed to wake you up in the mornings, putting Shivan on the bed to have him wake you up to! I miss you guys already, and I know this Christmas is going to be really hard without you. I love you!