Monday, November 20, 2006

Praise the LORD!!!

HALELUJAH!!!

I don't know what else to say, every time I think of the Lord's faithfulness I am overwhelmed that I just want to cry!

It's funny how things work out in HIS timing, only when He knows it will be good for us.

I have been doing management shifts for... well I went into training in January, but before that had done management shifts to help out here and there. It was explained to me that there was not a salary spot open, but she definately wanted me on her team, and once a position became available, it would be given to me.

So I worked.

And I worked.

I put all my effort into becoming a good manager. Learning how to listen to people better (cause people like to vent a lot if something went wrong) learning how to multitask better, learning how to be a better leader. I even learned things I didn't want to know, like how much ketchup we actually put into our meatloaf (and boy is it a lot!) and how much hidden fat is in a lot of products. Let's just say i know what to eat and what not to eat!

Well if you've been doing your math, January to now would make 11 months of being a manager, but not on salary.

That's a long eleven months.

A lot of people told me that I should leave, or that my manager was pulling one over on me, or that if I hadn't gotten it by now, I probably was never going to get it.

Read that again. What does it make you think of?

Bitterness.

There was a lot of opportunities to get bitter. But I refused! I kept thinking "don't despise the day of small beginnings." "trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he would direct your paths"

It was hard at times. I didn't want to be bitter! I love my job, and I have one of the greatest managers in the world. The Lord really guided me during these past eleven months.

So, if you haven't been able to tell already, she offered me salary this week!!

YEE HAW!!!! (that's Oklahoman for "i'm excited")

So I haven't even gotten to the really cool part yet.

***
I have this wonderful, hardworking husband who was raised to believe that the man should be the provider and the breadwinner for the family. (isn't he great?) It's scriptural, and I believe it as well.

But that belief has put a little bit of strain on us. Maybe strain is the wrong word. It wasn't a bad thing, you could just tell how hurt he was that my paychecks were more than his, and that my job was the job that was bringing in the most income.

I didn't care, I mean, we have no children, we're both working and saving money, it's not like he had no job! But that little voice in the back of his head kept telling him otherwise.

So here's the cool thing: after working really hard, and in a very short amount of time, he was offered a salary management position on tuesday!!!

Why is this so cool to us?

No it's not the money. It's the fact that he got it before me. It's almost like the Lord knew it would be a blow if I was on salary making even more than I was before. So we rejoiced when he got salary, and I know the rejoicing when I got salary was genuine from him. (he picked me up and spun me around a couple times while I screamed and kicked my feet) And let me tell you something else. All the pressure I had before about going to work, getting enough hours, bringing home enough money... BYE BYE!!!

What a relief!!

Needless to say we had a lot to be thankful for this Sunday at church, and we both shed a couple of tears, and cheerfully and thankfully put our tithe in the offering bucket. The Lord really has "thrown open the floodgates of heaven and poured out so much blessing that we haven't room to contain it all"

Lately my prayer has been that he would show me how to be a good manager. I remind myself that he had 12 people under him, to lead, guide, delegate, manage, and encourage. He did the same job I have!!! :)

God is good, and so faithful. :)

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Whoo hoo!
A big cheery Congratulations!
You have worked hard and made us so proud! You are awesome Chrystal!

Michelle is such a nice boss! I am so glad you have a good role model and someone who has taken you under her wing. We have much to be grateful for and this will be a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Our hearts and souls a full of praise for his faithfulness!

Anonymous said...

way to go. you guys are a great team. Happy thanksgiving. love you